Transfer files from a computer to a device
A step-by-step process on how to transfer documents from a desktop or laptop computer to any device.
- After you claim your file, check the email you sent it to.
- Find the attachment at the top or bottom of the email, and click on the attachment to download the file.
- When you download a file, it is automatically sent to your “Downloads” folder unless you have picked a different default location for downloads (you may also save it to a particular folder if you choose).
- Connect your Kindle, Nook, or Kobo device (you can also connect iOS and Android devices) with the appropriate USB cable.
- Locate the folder for your device under the “My Computer” folder on Windows. On a Mac, your device will show up in the sidebar of any “Finder” window.
- Drag and drop your ebook files directly onto the device and the specific documents folder if one is required for your device.